TWAIN HARTE HORSEMEN EAGLE MEADOW HIGH RIDE
July 24 – 29, 2022
A week long getaway with your horse in the beautiful Sierra Nevada
The Twain Harte Horsemen are gearing up for their annual Eagle Meadow High Ride.
Join horse riders from far and wide for a week of riding in the Stanislaus National Forest at Eagle Meadows Horse Camp. You will view breath taking scenery from horseback with fun, like-minded people. Participate in the horseshoe tournament and Trail Trials. Your reservation includes a camp site; catered meals; hot showers and toilet facilities; a bale of hay; and trail bosses that know the trails.
Reserve your space now… the $500.00 cost includes:
Catered meals – Breakfast, lunch & dinner
Eagle Meadows horse camp site and bale of feed
Hot Showers and toilet facilities
Horseshoe tournament, forest bocce & art lessons
Experienced leader that know the trails
Sandee or John 209-586-4841
Eagle Meadow Horse High Ride, Stanislaus National Forest
Head east on HWY 108 to Sonora
If you need fuel it would be a good idea to get it around the Jamestown, Sonora or Sugar Pine area. There are no gas stations near Eagle Meadow Horse Camp.
- from the first Sonora Exit (Hwy 49), continue 43 miles east on Hwy 108 until you get to EAGLE MEADOW ROAD (Forest Road 5N01)
- TURN RIGHT (there is a sign that says Eagle Meadows & a camping sign pointing to the right)
- go approximately 0.2 mile and TURN RIGHT staying on 5NO1
- stay on 5NO1 approximately 8 miles to HORSE CAMP
- bear to the RIGHT at the curve after crossing bridge at Niagra Creek
- stay to RIGHT at the dirt road fork after BARN MEADOW onto pavement again
- head straight down the bumpy dirt road once you are off the pavement the 2nd time (downshift recommended)
- EAGLE MEADOW HORSE CAMP is on the RIGHT once you level out just before EAGLE CREEK